This troubleshooting page is intended to provide guidance for some of the common issues when using the Vanco Accept mobile app.
Overview of Vanco Accept Mobile App
Vanco Accept is an application that pairs with a Partner’s existing application to allow merchants to accept in-person payments, by swiping a card on a mobile device. Chip, dip and tap, are not enabled at this time. Using a handheld device, like a phone or tablet, merchants can swipe a card at an event to quickly process a transaction.
The Vanco Accept application can be downloaded from the Apple or Google play stores. Once downloaded, Vanco Accept will run in conjunction with a partner application hosting your items for checkout. The checkout process will be through the Partner’s application, not directly through the Vanco Accept app.
Vanco Accept works with the following Partners:
Compatible Devices and Connections
To swipe a card on a mobile device, a compatible mobile reader and a supported hardware connector is required.
MAGTEK iDynamo 6
Any iPhone version that has a lightening port - Must be on device with operating version of 11 or higher
*iPad up to generation 9 - Must be on device with operating version of 11 or higher
Phones and Tablets - Must be on device with operating version of 10 or higher
- iDynamo will not work on the iPad Pro (5th generation) or iPad Air (4th generations)
- iDynamo reader with USB-c port is not compatible with any iOS Apple devices
Troubleshooting and Errors
- “No transaction request” -Since this application works in conjunction with other application to complete the checkout process, make sure you are logged in to a supported Partner application and you selected items for checkout from the Partner application.
- “Oops! Device failed to connect” - Your device might need to be charged.
- If your device has a blinking green light, it is not fully charged
- There are several common reasons a card can fail. If you receive errors after correctly swiping or keying in a card, there may be issue with the credit card itself and a different payment method needs to be used.
- A textbox is highlighted in red – when keying in the card and cardholder’s information, if the information in a textbox is incorrect, a red frame will highlight the textbox that needs to be corrected before resubmitting the transaction information.
- Plug in your card reader to your mobile device before you select items for checkout.
- Confirm that your mobile device is supported.
- Confirm that your card reader is listed as a compatible device and that the acceptable connector is being used.
- Confirm that your device is fully charged. A Solid green light indicates sufficient charge.
- If swiping the card is not successful, try manually keying in the card.
Having trouble? Contact us!